1. Nothing happens - it just reads "Loading Kernel" (RaQ 3/4's only)
The chances are, you have an early ROM. The system will still boot the install disk, but will not show the LCD output. Whilst booting the RaQ from net, you should see the RX/TX light flash lots.
If this is the case - you will need to perform a "manual rom update". Use the system recovery method described above then perform a ROM update
2. How to find out the current rom version (only available on some ROM versions)
Hold down 'S' whilst powering up the server appliance.
When the LCD reads "Select Option" press 'S' until it reads "System Info"
Now Press "E".
The LCD will display the ROM version number.
3. Make sure that your ethernet cable is plugged into the first network port on the RaQ. This port is marked with a single I.
4. Reset the cmos - we advice to do this to erase any configuration settings that may disrupt the install. This is done by holding down "E" immediately after powering up the RaQ. The LCD will read "cmos restored".
5. Check your hard drive jumper settings - They should be set to "Master".
6. RaQ 3/4's ONLY Check that the primary drive is in the front IDE slot. This slot often has the pins facing towards the front, and has no plastic surround.
7. If you are installing with one hard drive, ensure that it is in the Primary position.
8. RaQ550's ONLY If you are installing with one hard drive, ensure that it is in the Primary IDE bay.