You Must First have Purchased Strongbolt
Strongbolt 1.06-03 Installation Notes:-
- Installs RaQ XTR's
- Improved initscripts
- New base RPMS
- Faster install
- NFS timeout problem fixed
- Installs CentOS 4.4
- Choice of installing BlueQuartz
- Editable install scripts
- Editable partition configuration files
- Installs MySQL server
- Better nuonce compatability
Check your ROM model (RaQ 3/4's only)
Take the cover off your Cobalt appliance and check the ROM type. You will be prompted for your ROM type by the installer. Click here to identify your ROM model
Connection Method 1 (PREFFERED)
Use a crossover cable to connect a pc to your RaQ Server on the first network port, insert the installer CD into the pc and boot
Connection Method 2
As above, except the computer is connected to the raq through a hub or switch.
This method will fail if there is other computers on the network running DHCP services,
or if there is another pc with the IP : 192.168.0.100
1. Hold down 'S' whilst powering up the server appliance
2. When the LCD reads "Select Option" press 'S' until it reads "Configure boot"
3. Now press the 'E' button
4. The LCD should now read "Select Default"
5. Press the 'S' button until the second line reads "From network"
6. Press the 'E' button
7. The LCD should now read "Select Option"
8. Press 'S' until it reads "Boot from net"
9. Press the 'E' button
10. Wait for a few seconds, and the installer will check your current rom software version.
11. Select "Y" by pressing the left arrow once, and pressing "E"
12. If you needed the rom update, it will now reboot to the new rom. You may need to start from the beginning again.
13. If your rom is up to date (2.10-ext3), the LCD will now read "Install System?"
14. Select "Y" by pressing the left arrow once, and pressing "E"
15. Your system will now begin the install process
The install process
Throughout the install, you will have messages on the LCD informing you about the status:
1. Preparing to install
2. Removing partitions
3. Formatting partitions
4. Installing kernel
5. Bootstrapping System - this means that it is installing base RPMs. This can take quite a while (possibly more than ten minutes). The network and disk lights will flash almost continuously. After the bootstrap, it will reboot to the installed system. Note: If you have two hard drives in the Cobalt server appliance, the root partition will be scanned for consistency and errors. After this scan, the appliance will reboot and continue to install.
6. Once the system has booted up, the LCD will read Installing Blue Quartz, this takes several minutes.
7. The system will then reboot.
8. Once it has booted up the installation is complete.
You will now be able to access the server through SSH and through your browser.
Accessing Through your browser
Accessing Through SSH
Enjoy your new Strongbolt server.